On Tueday, developer Stairway Games announced that Coral Island 1.0 will release on November 14 for PC, Xbox Series S/X, and PlayStation 5. The game first released on Steam in early access during October of last year, and now looks to be ready for a full version launch. A Nintendo Switch version of the game is supposed to release sometime in 2024, but Stairway Games hasn’t announced an official date yet.
In Coral Island, players leave big city living in Pokyo behind in favor of a slower paced lifestyle on the titular island. You can customize your character and go on to farm, care for animals, and build relationships with the other residents of the island. Along the way, you work to revitalize the town here and care for the indigenous coral reefs.
Coral Island 1.0 introduces more content around this revitalization questline. Here are all of the new features coming to the game in November:
Coral Island 1.0 announced features
- Storyline to revitalize the town.
- In-depth interactions with NPCs, including heart events and dynamic dialogue.
- Marriage and the ability to start a family.
- NPC outfits for Spring, Summer, Fall, and Winter (most NPCs).
- Bathing outfits (select NPCs).
- Customization options for your house’s exterior.
- Over 200 décor options to choose from!
- Over 200 clothing options to choose from!
- Adopt a pet.
- A total of eight unique festivals each filled with mini-games.
- Access to all diving depths (10m/20m/30m/40m/50m).
- Access to all mining gates (Earth/Water/Wind/Fire).
- The chance to acquire a mythical pet.
- Encounter Merfolk NPCs and explore their Kingdom.
Understandably, adding this much new content and so many features will fundamentally change this game, so those who have been playing in Early Access should expect some differences in their experience going forward. The most important thing for EA players to note is that their current saves will not be compatible with the 1.0 version, so you will have to start over upon jumping into the full release.That said, you will be able to keep all of the gold you’ve earned in your Early Access save file by starting a “New Game +” file once you have downloaded Coral Island 1.0. The same goes for any charity DLC packs you’ve purchased over the past year as well. Those who haven’t yet purchased Coral Island should also note that the game is getting a price increase (from $24.99 to $29.99) to reflect the additional content depth the it will now have.
Coral Island 1.0 releases for PC, Xbox Series S/X, and PlayStation 5 on November 14, and more content is scheduled for the game in 2024.