The next season of EA and Respawn’s multiplayer battle royale is Apex Legends: Breakout, which just got a new gameplay trailer ahead of its February 13 release.
EA and Respawn announced Apex Legends: Breakout earlier this week, showing off a day in the life of a Legend through the eyes of the likes of Loba, Wraith, Octane, and new addition Conduit through a cinematic trailer. Apex Legends: Breakout is bringing several new goodies and mechanical changes to the game, all while celebrating the battle royale’s fifth anniversary.
Most significantly in terms of gameplay are the changes to Apex’s ranked game mode, and the introduction of Legend Upgrades. With the new season, Ladder Points are now becoming Ranked Points. Players will receive additional bonuses for getting kills, higher placement, and defeating squads that are more highly ranked. All of this is meant to incentivize players to take fights more often and approach matches more aggressively.
Legends Upgrades are a new system where players can choose upgrades for their characters’ abilities as they earn EVO points while playing. This should make it so players can customize their Legends a bit more, both for their own personal playstyle, and to fit the current state of the arena.
This season is also bringing Mixtape Challenges to the Thunderdome. With a new Mixtape map, players can take on Gun Run, Team Deathmatch and Control in this season’s playlist, all of which will feature new points of interest. Console players will be excited to check out the new 120 FPS performance mode that is coming with this season as well.
Apex Legends: Breakout Rewards
- Six Unlockable Legends – The lineup includes Fuse, Seer, Rampart, Mad Maggie, Loba, and Valkyrie–each with a unique set of challenges that once completed, unlocks the Legends forever.
- Gift Free Items to Friends – Every two weeks, players can gift their friends with free items themed with the unlockable Legends
- Limited-Time Completion Rewards – Players can conquer each challenge to unlock even more rewards including a Reactive Flatline skin, a Legendary skin for Wraith and matching cosmetics.
Apex Legends Fifth Anniversary Collection Event
- Straight Shot LTM (Limited Time Mode) – In this fast-paced LTM, 10 squads drop into predetermined POIs next to fully-kitted guns and enemy squads ready for action.
- Quicker Matches – Speeding up the battle with faster ring rounds.
- Faster Queuing – Ability to re-queue without ever hitting the lobby.
- Show-Stopping Cosmetics – Stun the crowd with 24 limited-time event cosmetics.
- Get 150 Heirloom Shards – Players who collect all limited-time cosmetics will receive 150 Heirloom shards, and purchase a Mythic item of the player’s choice from the Mythic Shop.
Apex Legends: Breakout will release on PC, PlayStation 4/5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S, and Nintendo Switch on February 13.