GLAAD (the Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation) has revealed the nominees across a range of different categories – including Outstanding Video Game – for its 34th year of celebrating LGBTQ+ media.
Much like our very own Gayming Awards, the GLAAD Media Awards strives to highlight and honour LGBTQ+ media and creatives from all over the world.
For this year’s GLAAD Media Awards, the organization announced 295 nominees across 33 different and unique categories, such as Outstanding Comic Book, Outstanding Reality Program, and even a new category, Outstanding Podcast. You can read the full list of categories and nominees here.
This year’s nominees for Outstanding Video Game include a range of games across multiple genres, from online multiplayer to farming simulators.
The full GLAAD nominees for Outstanding Video Game are:
- Apex Legends – Respawn Entertainment/Electronic Arts
- Desta: The Memories Between – ustwo games
- Haven – The Game Bakers
- I Was a Teenage Exocolonist – Northway Games/Finji
- Need for Speed: Unbound – Criterion Games/Electronic Arts
- Signalis – rose-engine/Humble Games
- The Quarry – Supermassive Games/2K Games
- Tiny Tina’s Wonderlands – Gearbox Software/2K Games
- World of Warcraft: Dragonflight – Blizzard Entertainment
- Wylde Flowers – Studio Drydock
One GLAAD Media Awards ceremony will be held at the Beverly Hilton, Los Angeles, on March 30 2023. The other ceremony will take place at the Hilton Midtown, New York City, on May 13 2023.
Who are you hoping will take home the award for GLAAD’s Outstanding Video Game?