A limited edition variant for Rune Factory 5, an exciting fantasy JRPG that combines farming, combat, dungeons, and romance for a unique, thrilling experience, has been revealed: the Earthmate Edition. Like the standard edition of the game, the Earthmate Edition of Rune Factory 5 will launch next year, March 2022.
The Rune Factory series has always provided some incredible editions throughout the years, and the Earthmate Edition doesn’t seem to be the exception to that. The retail price for this series has been suggested to cost $79.99 and will include the following goodies:
- A custom outer box that features artwork from the Rune Factory series illustrator, Minako Iwasaki
- Rune Factory 5 Nintendo Switch game in an exclusive SteelBook case
- A large 5.8 by 8.2 softcover artbook – featuring 70 pages of concept art and illustrations
- ‘Melodies of Norad’ soundtrack CD featuring 15 songs from across the Rune Factory series
- 13 exclusive in-game costumes based on the marriage candidates from Rune Factory
- Dolce’s ghostly companion, Pico
The Earthmate Edition of Rune Factory 5 will be available for fans to pre-order soon, though if those goodies are any indication, the limited edition will be snatched up quickly – so don’t hesitate. Grab yourself a copy, the perfect gift for any Rune Factory fan.
In other Rune Factory 5 news, the Western release will be unique to the Japanese version in that it’ll add LGBTQ+ relationships to the game as well as same-sex marriage. XSEED reached out to Marvelous’ localization department in Japan, where the game’s producer agreed that the inclusion of same-sex marriage was “important” and so began to push for it. The localization blog on the game’s development can be found here.