I assumed video game sales would die down in May once certain businesses started reopening, but I guess I was wrong!
According to VentureBeat, sales of titles and consoles totaled just under $1,000,000,000 last month. It was the highest grossing month of May since 2008, and saw a 52% sales increase compared to this time last year.
We need some new titles to spruce up the chart in June and July!
Here’s the top ten, according to NPD:
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare
- Grand Theft Auto V
- Animal Crossing: New Horizons
- NBA 2K20
- Mortal Kombat 11
- Red Dead Redemption II
- Final Fantasy VII: Remake
- Assassin’s Creed: Odyssey
- Star Wars: Jedi: Fallen Order
What games were you playing in May 2020?