On Tuesday, Glumberland announced that its 2023 Halloween event for Ooblets is now live. The event will run through November 15, but may be extended if players express a desire for it to continue longer.
Ooblets is a farming sim/creature collection game where players build up a little farm of their own while also helping out the community. Along the way, you encounter various types of funky little creatures that love dance battles, the titular ooblets. As you make more oob friends, they will follow you around, and help you out on your farm. You can also unlock more of the world to explore by completing community quests, which allows you to find even more critters and battle it out on the dancefloor with even more folks.
This event is bringing multiple features to the game, which include the following:
- New cosmetic items (clothes, home decor, furniture, costumes), some of which may be haunted.
- A new potion brewing system to create new items.
- Badgetown gets a festive new look.
- The townsfolk also get into the spirit, wearing costumes around town.
- New, event-limited Halloween ooblet.
- Temporary seasonal lighting and colors in the environment.
- Use dowsing licorice sticks to find regular and golden skellybits.
- Return of last year’s event features: trick-or-treabieing, graveyard riddles, previous Halloween collectibles.
Alongside the Halloween festivities, Ooblets will also be arriving on Steam later this week on October 5.