Whether you love it or hate it, Cyberpunk 2077 is a massive game and you can easily have spent hundreds of hours playing it and amassed yourself an army of guns, clothes, mods, etc. Something for the new game plus, eh? But that’s the problem – Cyberpunk 2077 doesn’t currently have a new game plus.
Considering Cyberpunk 2077 has a lot of work needing to be done, we doubt that we’ll be getting a new game plus anytime soon. But that’s alright for PC players, because thanks to a mod, you can actually just get new game plus working already.
Created by user Psiberx, the Respector mod allows players to transfer their equipment and builds into their next playthrough. How? Simply by typing the in-game name of the object in the search bar. A long method depending on how much gear you’ve probably earned throughout your time in Night City, but well worth it.
According to the mod page, the Respector allows players to do the following things:
- New Game Plus: Transfer your character and equipment between playthroughs. You can try each life path while keeping the experience gained from other playthroughs, replay the same mission with different abilities and equipment, etc.
- Character Respec: Adjust your Attributes and restore all spent Perk Points to redistribute them.
- Build Management: Try different builds switching them on the fly while playing, share builds with others.
- Item Management: Create and load item packs (eg. “Stash Wall Weapons”, “Legendary Outfits”).
- Quick Tweaks: Get items and currencies, unlock vehicles, manipulate facts with ease just by typing the in-game name of a thing in the search bar. For clothing items there is an extra option to always get the max mod slots.
It isn’t a perfect fix, but until Cyberpunk 2077 gets a new game plus mode – if it ever does – then the Respector mod is a reasonable fix.